I am a monster.
They come, they stay, they leave, they flee,
Dissolving into woods.
They screech, they laugh, they squirm, but they
Will not remove their hoods.
These strangers in the darkness take
A liking to my kind,
But once they bolt, these odd creatures
Are not to be defined.
I seem to them an alien,
Peculiar in my ways.
As I attempt to interact,
Their eyes begin to glaze.
They scale the walls and crawl the floors
Exposing sickly aims;
Successful, nonetheless, in their
Uncouth and grimy games.
I never veiled myself in
Company of the unknown,
Unaware that in honesty
I’d be fully alone.
There is no life in secrecy
Nor happiness to find
No matter how they smile or claim
To be so intertwined.
They live and die on islands,
Broken souls lost to the earth.
Exclusion earns them nothing nor
Provides them any worth.
A heartbeat is the only proof that
Any of them lives
But not a one inquires, wonders,
Wishes or forgives.
A mystery in darkness and
Invisible in light,
Their auras reek of apathy
To any human plight.
I must abort my mission and
Discover fellow man
Before I fall a prey to their
Ferocious, rotten clan.
I am a monster,
But they are machines.
(Original 2011)
No comments:
Post a Comment