Monday, December 9, 2013

Mother Nature

I walk the Earth, I breathe the air,
Converse so carelessly;
I claim relation to the ones
Who roam so recklessly.

A beating heart and blinking eyes
Do liken me to these
Lost, alone, and hungry men;
I synthesize with ease.

But truth be told, they’ll never know
The hollowness inside
The thumping, pumping, bleeding heart
Which in me still resides.

A month ago just yesterday,
I saw her glowing face;
She pleaded that I go with her
To help her dying race.

She lulled it from inside of me,
My spirit briskly fled;
It followed her through twists and turns
And saw the dismal dread.

A few of them lay dying fast
With green still in their veins,
But most of them, not seen at all,
Were victims of gray chains.

Therefore when man addresses me
And sees the blankest stare,
May he go searching for my soul
And save the martyrs there.

My phantom now succeeds the Mighty
Mother of all dreams.
We beg, beseech, and beckon for
All men to hear our screams.

When man inquires of my thought,
‘Twas worth it, can’t you see?
I sold my soul to open hands,
No, gave it willingly.

(Original 2010)

No comments:

Post a Comment