Monday, December 9, 2013

Mundo Nuevo

I inhale waves of foreign air,
They fill familiar lungs;
My ears, they brim with sweeter sounds
Of unfamiliar tongues.

My eyes are mesmerized by sights
Of long envisioned dreams;
They are now glued upon the city
As each contour gleams.

A welcomed change from common life,
Predictable at best,
A stretch of treasured landscape now
Extends from east to west.

I step into the promised air
Of destination one,
Whisper in silence, to myself:
Today, I’ve just begun.

My spirit flees before me to
Engorge itself in light;
The willingness inside me is
Inspired to take flight.

The thinning thread that held me up
Was contented to break;
I drifted then onto the ground,
Was shaken wide awake.

Finally free from inhibitions
Of a fastened past,
I am set free to roam Earth with
Elation unsurpassed.

(Original 2011)

No comments:

Post a Comment